Sunday, October 12, 2008

Business!!

I meant to write and send out the Laura's Lines for October already, and I should have already written my first blog entry this month. According to my paper writing schedule for myself I'm also a 1.5 weeks behind.....ahhhhh!!! Writing is everywhere in my life! I'm trying to keep up and sorta stay enough ahead I don't die the last couple weeks of this semester, but right now that's looking really hard. I only wanted to have to write one small paper over Thanksgiving Break and be able to enjoy the rest with friends and adopted family up in Kansas, but if the behindness of papers continues on this downward spiral.....I may just have to stick around the house and write all break....
Today was a bit crazy with all the Biblical Studies profs and several students over for supper. One of the profs I have now saw me trying to finish reading a book for a paper of summary/critique for his class....and he told me he didn't want me to write the paper early (it's due Oct 31). Now, I'd just like to say that totally killed my motivation to finish writing it tonight, like I had planned. In one of my classes Friday, my prof (a different one) told us in more detail what he wanted in a paper due Monday (tomorrow). I had already completed this paper, so to hear him say he was so certain no one had yet thought about the paper.....well, not what I needed to hear.......why do profs encourage students to work at the last minute? I must get some done early, so getting everything done will be possible.
Please, please, pray for my motivation level, content competence, and desire for excellence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to stop the downward spiraling mindset about grading very poor papers and watching student not trying which I'm said to be responsible for. I took a walk, prayed, and repented of worry and self-focus. Why do we encourage slackness and poor quality. It is not God's way. Is is where God called you? Can you see the next step? Are you casting your cares upon Him? Adopt a partial sense of detachment: "I don't care about the outcome!" I am only going to do what God has called me to do and others and other things can just be what they are. The weight of the situation and the contrast of difficulty and lack of excellence can beat you down. God, be our strength. We will pray consistently for you.