Friday, November 7, 2008

Dedicated to Benjamin

I wrote a research paper this past weekend/week for my Church History class on John Knox and the Scottish Reformation. I wanted to do something I knew a little something about already, while the assignment required the paper be on a "major turning point in the history of Christianity." Thank you my older brother, Benjamin! You talked Scottish history enough I found out I actually learned something after all this time! Yes, I listened to many of his monologues on the history he was so fascinated with for so long. YaY, for having a family who liked learning so much as to make it a pass time, and I just listened and learned without putting forth any effort. WoW......so, I was like a nerd from the beginning....and didn't even realize it.....of course then I was also born a Francis.....yes, this is you reading my train of thought...while I sit here in a room on my brother floor listening to them plan their class schedules for next semester. I&M lab.... dynamics.... engineering design technology..... engineering project management.... crazy engineers!
Yes, I have grown up around nerds of some sort all my life. I so far prefer to hear them argue over whether C++ or Java is better, discuss the inter-workings of the muscles in a human knee, or explain the proof to why a straight line is in fact the shortest distance between two points than put up with the giggly small talk of girls with boyfriends......I like it when guys will just be your friend or adopted brother for the duration of college. For any guy who falls in that category, Thank you!
Okay, so I'm going to stop now...this blog is long enough..... ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

". . . I was also born a Francis." Well, it must be in the genes . . . just ask your cousin, Dr. Wesley; he'll tell you about nerd and how it can't be spelled without NE!
:o)}