Check this out: http://www.stormpulse.com/hurricane-ike-2008 note: Longview is closest to the 32.4 N, 95.3 W location
Yep, I just saw a tropical storm up close and personal. ^_^ Formally known as Hurricane Ike, the storm was blowing and pouring on us most of Saturday. Knocked out our power at the house from about 2pm until 8pm Sunday. Unlike most big storms though, which I'm more experienced with, tropical storms are warm. So, you go walking through the rain and your don't feel cold until you go into the air conditioned buildings....silly waste of energy.... All in all, the storm was rather exciting and really not very damaging around here; just enough branches and trees down to put out power in several places, but classes were in full swing today. The result of Ike is beautiful, fall-like weather! I very much enjoyed waking up to sub-70 temperature, and it still is under 75 degrees (at 2pm)!
Besides the physical weather, I finished researching and started writing my first theology paper for Christian Doctrines 1 class. The topic is on whether or not general revelation is sufficient for salvation. Most interesting topic, and one I have contemplated significantly. Trudging through the writing is a struggle for me, but I'm glad it is on a topic which I am curious about.
I know many prayers went up for all of us down here in Texas during Ike, and on behalf of all of us who felt those, Thank you!! May God's grace abound all the more to you as well!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment