
So, I have work. Well, actually I have had work. (yay for the English language :-) Cleaning, cooking, painting, more cleaning, washing dishes, etc are among my duties at my church. Yes, I am paid, for the staff understand I need it. (silly money) I can't begin to express how thankful I am to God for providing!!!!! I will admit, however, that when I asked God for paying work this summer I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Be careful what you ask God for; He may just give you what you ask for. From week to week I have not known how much or what kind of jobs I would be doing. In general, I knew mostly cleaning would be involved and the painting assignment will take several weeks, but details are always subject to change. ^_^ When working for God's money which is to fund an education for the purpose of preparing to do a lifetime of work dedicated to God, living daily by faith for everything becomes increasingly important. Yes, it is hard many times, but none the less essential. Please, pray for me as I struggle in striving to "simply trust and obey" everyday moment of my life.
3 comments:
Hi Laura,
Yay for work! I'm finding that an 8 hour job can make one quite tired! It takes a lot out of you!
I'll be praying for you as you "struggle in striving to 'simply trust and obey" everyday moment of my life.'"
God bless,
Elijah (who still has yet to email Benjie and Laura back about camping. Too much email! ;)
Glad you have got continuing work ^_^ God bless as you continue to do his work.
We should all trust and obey (walk by faith in our work) or the consequence will be dullness and lack of blessing. This is what I struggle with because it is less obvious than when I'm "working for God". Praise God for the work He has for you and may it be abundant.
LeTu, here she comes!
Post a Comment