Have you ever had a job or duty given which was hard physically and mentally? and the longer you worked at it, the harder it got?
My job(s) have been rather like that recently. I seem to work at cleaning, painting, and general helping at church and home to no avail. The other day, much to my shame, I let some of the depressing thoughts on my mind spill out. I always feel bad for whomever is around when this happens; this time it was my mother. I have been getting caught up in looking and thinking about my current situation from a prespective of comparing myself to others. Forgetting that God's standard and what He has called me to do is all that matters and counts. Thank God for a mother who reads who Bible!! The next morning while I was getting ready for work, she comes to me and reads Isaiah 43:10-19.
Walking to work and all day I kept thinking about what it said and two songs came to mind which I also rolled around several times. The songs "How Great Thou Art" and "God Will Make a Way" continued to run through my head the rest of the week, enabling me to do my work with a smile. I would like to share one song with you here, that other I would encourage you to go look it up, as well as the verses.
God will make a way,
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way.
By a roadway in the wilderness,
He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and earth will fade
But His Word will still remain
He will do something new today.
God will make a way,
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way
Words and music by Don Moen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"How blessed is the man who has made the Lord his trust and has not turned to the proud, nor to those who lapse into falsehood. Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders which You have done, and Your thoughts toward us; there is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, they would be too numerous to count."
Psalm 40: 4-5
Post a Comment