Saturday, February 17, 2007

East Texas Weather

I find weather very fascinating, especially when I don't understand the patterns, like in east Texas. Late last week, it was very damp, dark, and cold. Then it cleared off in a matter of an hour on Thursday. Yesterday and the day before in it was in the 30s and the chill factor put it in the lower 20s. Today, it's in the mid 50s and as clear blue and beautiful as you could ask for. The wind is the only thing you can count on around here; it's always blowing, although it's velocity changes randomly as well.
I really do like weather. I enjoy the changes and variations it adds to the routine of life in college. To wake up each morning and being able to start a new day, that really does seem new because the weather makes it different than the day before. Which is why going to college in east Texas is better than some places where the weather changes very slowly or hardly at all. The landscape isn't the most spectacular, but the weather and the fantastic people at LeTourneau make up for the lack of it. Of course I can't really go much of anywhere anyhow, so it's actually a blessing. The things which make this school so great are right here all round me and I'm even given a chance to be upset about not getting off campus and going to.........well, anywhere.
God knows best and I'm so glad!!! He really did know what He was doing by sending me here to LeTourneau. Even when I forget, I just wait until the weather changes, then I'm reminded how great and wonderful my God is. He has everything under control and knows perfectly what He is doing. Praise God!!!

No comments: