The IMME students (15 of us) visited the Kibaale Community Centre this weekend. The area was so beautiful! We climbed to the top of a steep hill and could see over into Tanzania! Nearly six hour drive on roads about like the one in the picture, was an adventure, but I am so thankful I have never been one prone to motion sickness. :) Yes, I can even read while riding. God has so blessed me through years of preparation for this kind of life. We spent time with the Canadian missionaries, but mostly we were hanging out. This was more of a restful retreat for me, which was needed. I did quite a bit of silent contemplation and reflection. Asking God questions I know He will not immediately answer. It rained for awhile Sunday morning before church and that gave me a chance to really just sit and listen to God.Do you see the bend in the road? I think I can see another bend in the path of my life, but I've not the foggiest idea what is around it. I'm beginning to think I could live in Africa the rest of my life. Yet, with the more and more muzungu (white) missionaries I meet here, I think Uganda specifically is not where I should stay. Please, pray for me as I continue searching for the way God most desires for this follower to bring Him glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment