This morning in Sunday School (as usual) I sat between two guys from my brother floor and counted the number of college students in attendance: seventeen guys and me. Please, don't worry, I am entirely used to it and for the majority of the time, rather enjoy it because I get the privileged of observing a group of Christian, nerdy guys interact with each other and God's Word as if there were no girls around. My biggest regret is when they remember I'm in their mist and feel obligated to apologize for being so much themselves. Conversations become most interesting in the large van on the way back from church. Although not all the topics which they discuss are to my personal taste or particularly edifying, I appreciate the nerdiness that is free of crude and otherwise inappropriate remarks. I enjoy listening! Please, guys don't stop being yourselves because a girl is in your company. I will admit that on some occasions I wish I knew enough to join the conversation, but therein lies one reason I like listening to nerds so much: I learn while being entertained.
I really don't know who all reads my blog, but if any of the splendid nerds I hang out with happen to read this, please know you don't need to apologize for being yourself. ^_^ I'm very thankful God put me amongst so many Christian nerds like you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sophisticates is a better word for the ones you describe- much more enobling.
> Please, guys don't stop being yourselves because a girl is in your company.
I'll try to keep this in mind. :)
> I really don't know who all reads my blog, but if any of the splendid nerds I hang out with happen to read this, please know you don't need to apologize for being yourself. ^_^ I'm very thankful God put me amongst so many Christian nerds like you!!
:) I think I remember apologizing for the nerdiness. I'll try to keep the fact that you don't mind it in mind. However, it's like it when you join in the conversations, so I enjoy topics such as homeschooling even better. :)
> However, it's like it when you join in the conversations
Oops, that should read: "However, *I* like it when you join in the conversations"
Post a Comment