Monday, January 7, 2008

Joy of Books

Yes, I like books.......quite a bit actually. Just ask my roommate. I like to read them, organize them, build/support things with them, and even smell them (are you scared yet?). Over Christmas break I read four and liked them all. ^_^ Today, when I went to buy books for classes, I could even fake being sad about getting books to put on my shelf, which I will read (for class, but still) and potentially keep for years to come. The amount of books passing through my room this weekend is amazing! and I like it! Books and the knowledge they impart are the real reason I can't get truly upset about taking Greek; I am learning to read another language and to understand the deeper levels of grammar I encounter when digging in the texts.
I may be crazy. I may be a nerd. I may need counseling. But at least I enjoy where God has put me right now, namely, at LeTourneau University. I know far too often I take it all for granted, and mostly of the time during the semester, I do not seem to reflect this attitude. God is still working on me. I'm so glad He is and I know it!!
Praise God for being faithful!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the smelling of the books that scares me, because it reminds me of "Hammy". Why do you two do that? Anyway, I am so glad that you have such a good attitude about learning. Prayers will be lifted concerning the tedium and long hours. The ones who need counseling are the other 90% of the population who avoid it like the plague.

Anonymous said...

BTW, the organization part has little to do with the items being books. You organize everything!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean . . . going in a bookstore is dangerous for me; I tend to come out with one or two I had not intended to buy. And when Christianbook.com or even Amazon sends me a promo . . . I best not open the e-mail . . . I may be tempted!
:o)}