
So, guess what!?! Okay, of course you don't know, that's why I'm going to tell you. This past week was Spiritual Emphasis Week, which basically means we have a special speaker come and lead two chapels everyday and this morning we had Longview Blitz (very similar to Mission Morganton with just LeTU people working). Guess who our special speaker was!!?!?! ^_^ None other than Micheal Card! Yes, he came, sang, lead worship, and delivered messages (like sermons) Wednesday through Friday. I got to go to Dr. Mayes' class one day and sit in, because Micheal Card was the guest speaker and all the Biblical Studies and Christian Ministry majors were invited; it was very thought-provoking, encouraging, and enlightening. I officially like Micheal Card even more now. ^_^
Longview Blitz went really well too. We worked from 8:30 til 1:00 at Outreach Restoration Prison Ministry for Women, scraping, painting, picking up trash, cleaning, sorting clothes, weed-eating, and moving furniture around at an old motel that is being converted into a place for homeless women, especially those just out of jail, to stay. We all worked hard, sweated hard, and, everyone I talked to, came back glad to have done it. The seventeen girls (including me) who went from our floor, along with the 25 or so guys from 41 certainly got a bunch done. I'm so glad God has blessed me with the ability to work and help others! I'm also very glad God has blessed me with so many encouraging brothers and sisters in Christ!
1 comment:
Those chapels with Micheal Card were amazing! He was so humble and you could tell that he spends so much time in God's Word. It was a real blessing to be able to listen to him.
Post a Comment