Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Family Reunion

This past Sunday (6/24) was the Scarlett clan (my mother's family) family reunion in Kingston, Tennessee. My mother has four sisters and three brothers, all except two were present. I have 26 cousins on that side of the family: first cousins, first cousins once removed, twice removed, and thrice removed. I enjoy the wide range of people, conversations, and interest represented in this large group. However, I often come away sadden to think of how many have never put their trust in Jesus Christ, my Savior. A lively, talkative bunch, I rarely say very much, yet I long to have the courage, boldness, and right words to share with them the greatest, only lasting joy of my life, the news of a divine Savior who loves me perfectly!! and wants them to open themselves to the love He wants to give them. Why is t so hard to share with people the most important news ever told? Why is it so easy to send hours discussing finite, earthly topics? Why can I not find the courage and boldness in Christ and let Him speak through me to those who need to hear so desperately of His love? I am a follower of the Lamb. I am a child of the King. I am a witness of the Way. Why am I not acting like I should? I have nothing, but God alone to fear. Why do I continuously shrink from carrying out His commands? What will it take for me to finally go and tell those who need to hear the message of my Lord and Savior?
I know I have requested prayer before....and I asked once again: anyone who reading my blog, please, please stop a second and pray to God on my behalf.

2 comments:

Benaiah said...

I hear you. I often wish that I were more bold in sharing Jesus with the people that I meet. I'm praying for you and the same for myself.

Anonymous said...

The enemy doesn't want it; the world doesn't want it; and our old self doesn't want it. Pray for the opportunities and the boldness and step in small ways, single comments. God will work where He wants to work.