Well, half way through May and I've been home for one week now. Being back in this part of my life and world is rather odd. Returning to so many things that are the same and random things that have changed. Honestly, I knew coming home would be a challenge, but I was unprepared for truly what a hard time it has been. I feel like I'm having culture shock. I get almost sick at times trying to stay silent amongst such materialism, rudeness, and never ending selfishness; all of these are practiced by nearly everyone and, the worse part, no one even seems to notice or think it's a problem, let alone try to change. I know I am very guilty of being materialistic, rude, and selfish. Although, at college, I felt encouraged to not be empathic and strive to be more Christ like, now back at home I'm quickly slipping back into old disgustingly selfish habits.
I hate how easily sin takes over my life. Please!!! If anyone reads this, please, pray for me!
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Its so easy to fall back into bad habits...there are so many times I catch myself doing something to my family that I know I wouldn't do to the people at school. I am praying for you would appreciate pray as well.
Post a Comment