Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Great, Yet Somber Day

Today was the birthday of one of my friends who is a senior this year. Actually, last Saturday and this coming Saturday are as well. Several of my friends are turning 22 and will be graduating in May. :-(
I wish I wouldn't let myself become such good friends with people I know aren't going to be around long........I'm really going to miss Lizard, Trolley, Fjord, and Jester. I know I should focus on how fantastic it has been knowing them and how the fact I still have other friends who aren't leaving. Sometimes I just find starting over kinda hard. See that's just the thing....I'm not the one starting over! They are. Why do I continually think of myself and not others?!?

Anyhow......
next year will be very different in other ways too. I'm going to be floor chaplin. Several of the girls on my floor are graduating, transferring, or moving to a different floor. With a significant number of new girls next year, I'm in for a challenge. But I know God will get me through it.
Today was just perfectly beautiful! Work went well. Classes were fine. I don't have an excessive amount of homework. The map quiz tomorrow isn't as going to be that hard. I have a fabulous roommate! The dinning hall food was pretty good. I have been getting more reasonable amounts of sleep this week. Yet even with all these great blessings.......I found myself rather somber today. I really don't know why. Most of the day I was happy with life in general, but as soon as I'm alone for a couple minutes I sink into a serious attitude. I have everything to be happy about! Why do I persist in being unsatisfied with simply trusting and obeying God? Why do I always have to ask "Why?"

No comments: